The strategic decision to rewind a distribution or power transformer is made easier by the cost savings compared to purchasing a new unit in conjunction with the reduced lead times that can be achieved to minimise generation and production losses. Whether a proactive solution to extend the useful life of aging equipment or reacting to a major fault, TP Power Services Ltd offer transformer rewinds and rewind packages for transformers up to 120 MVA at 132 kV. Re-using the main tank, core and clamps is not only environmentally sustainable but can be 30% more cost effective and 25% quicker compared to purchasing a new transformer on a standard supply contract. Our basic package includes:
- Dismantle and reverse engineering of winding, copper and insulation specification
- Implementation of bespoke quality control plans under ISO9001:2008 LRQA certification
- Purchase of materials and like-for-like winding of new LV, HV & HV tapping windings on all phases
- Replacement of all winding, packing and creep insulation and assembly of winding, core and clamps
- Filling with new mineral insulating oil to BS EN 148 and routine testing to BS EN 60076
- Review of final test procedures, despatch to site for installation and transmittal of reports.
EXPEDITED COPPER DELIVERY
For a premium fee our copper supplier will expedite delivery from 2 weeks to 5 days reducing the lead times by a further 10 – 15% depending on the rating.
DEDICATED LABOUR INCREASE
Option to increase dedicated labour from one team working 5 days a week to 2 teams working 7 days a week can reduce our lead times by a further 15%.
FUNCTIONAL & PROTECTION TESTING
Testing of tank mounted equipment such as OLTC, WTI, OTI, PRD, buchholz relays, bushings, control and marshalling kiosks avoids future scheduled outages.
Options include grit blasting, multiple paint protection specifications to main tank, full gasket replacement, supply and replace valves, cover plates and kiosks.
Our project managers will coordinate all planning and logistics to dismantle, remove, transport, deliver and re-install the unit to reduce lead times by a further 5%.
Multicore control and alarm cables, conduit and trays can be replaced to improve efficiency and meet modern specifications for hazardous environments