Commissioning, Fault Diagnosis & Testing
TP Power Services trained and competent engineers have years of experience completing a variety of tests and schedules for commissioning, analysis and diagnosis of asset integrity. When TP Power Services were founded, our test and commissioning services were predominantly focused towards transformer commissioning. This, alongside fault finding analysis and investigations into asset health and integrity were our core business in the early years. Through investment and growth the company has expanded it’s service portfolio to include commissioning, investigation and testing services not just for transformers, but for switchgear, protection relays and most other associated substation equipment.
The testing of plant, equipment and systems and analysis of the results is a critical service that supports every solution within our portfolio; including preventative maintenance and repair, installation, commissioning and failure diagnosis and lifecycle analysis to confirm the integrity of plant for operation.
Engineers are trained and competent in a wide variety of test procedures using the latest digital and programmable test sets. We possess the knowledge and experience to review data and offer preliminary analysis on a real time basis on a wide variety of substation plant and equipment of all ages and types.
We ensure a full range of inspection, test and commissioning results are recorded under our ISO9001:2015 QA system. These are reviewed by technical and design engineers with over 100 years experience to confirm system integrity and full reports offered to clients for record including recommendations
- Primary Injection – CT & Protection
- Secondary Injection – Protection Relays
- AC Withstand Tests – LV & HV Systems
- DC Pressure Tests
- Insulation Resistance Testing
- Winding Resistance Testing
- Continuity Resistance Testing
- Contact Resistance Testing
- CT Magnetisation Characteristics
- CT Ratio & Knee-Point Testing
- Impedance Voltage Testing
- Polarity Testing
- G59 Protection Testing (Wind Farms)
- Ratio & Magnetisation Current Testing
- Tan Delta (Doble) Testing
- Sweep Frequency Response Analysis (SFRA)
- DGA Oil Test – Dissolved Gas Analysis